Last updated: July 8, 2014
The use of this Website
You warrant that You are of legal age to use the Website and to create binding legal obligations for any liability You may incur as a result of the use of the Website. You agree that You are responsible for all of your use of the site including for the use of your account by others.
Downloading and use of images
Via download provided Images on Pixabay are bound to Creative Commons Deed CC0. To the extent possible under law, uploaders of Pixabay have waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to these Images. You are free to adapt and use the Images for commercial purposes without attributing the original author or source. Although absolutely not required, a link back to Pixabay would be nice.
- Images depicting identifiable persons may not be used for pornographic, unlawful or other immoral purposes, or in a way that can give a bad name to people, or to imply endorsement of products and services by those persons, brands, organisations, etc.
- You may not claim ownership of any image in its original state, and you cannot license or sublicense images granting exclusive rights as they are.
- Since Pixabay does not require a written Model Release for each Image that has identifiable people on it, We cannot guarantee that you will be able to use the Image for any purpose You like. Also, if there is a model release for the Image, We do not represent or make warranties whatsoever as to the legality or validity of it.
- Furthermore, certain Images may be subject to additional copyrights, property rights, trademarks etc. and may require the consent of a third party or the license of these rights. Pixabay does not represent or make any warranties that it owns or licenses any of the mentioned, nor does it grant them. It's your and the Image uploader's responsibility to make sure that all the necessary rights, consents and licenses for the use of the Images are provided.
- You are not allowed to mass download Images with an application, or reuse a big part of the Images for redistribution on a similar Website. Texts including image descriptions and tags are copyrighted.
Pixabay cannot be held responsible for any copyright violations, and cannot guarantee the legality of the Images stored in its system. If you want to make sure, always contact the photographers. You use the site and the photos at your own risk!
You may upload photographs or graphics to the Website, and Pixabay will screen these uploads to see if they are suitable for distribution. Additionally, Pixabay will not accept any adult oriented images.
By uploading, You release Images under Creative Commons Deed CC0 into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, You grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.
You are solely responsible for the Images You upload. You warrant that You own all proprietary rights regarding the Image, and You are obliged to obtain a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, and royalty-free Model and/or Property Release and/or any other permission necessary concerning the use of this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.
Furthermore, You acknowledge that Pixabay does not allow the upload of Images that infringe on any copyright, property right, trademark or any other applicable right.
You accept that even though We do our best to prevent it from happening, Pixabay cannot be held responsible for the misuse or abuse of any Image.
We also reserve the right to remove any approved Image at any time if We believe it's defective, of poor quality or infringe on any right.
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We do not sell or otherwise provide personal information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide You services or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law (e.g., to comply with a subpoena, warrant, or court order) and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, avoid litigation, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or respond to a government request. We may also disclose information about You if we determine that such disclosure should be made for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
Warranty and Liability
THE WEBSITE AND THE IMAGES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". WE OFFER NO WARRANTY, EXPLICIT OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY IMAGES, THE WEBSITE, THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION, OR ANY RIGHTS OR LICENSES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PIXABAY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE IMAGES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THEIR USE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
PIXABAY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY GENERAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE IMAGES.